Dramatic Landscape of the Gobi desertYour experience on the Gobi desert tour in Mongolia will be one of the best times of your lives. Get to trek through the most gorgeous sand dunes.
OVERVIEWDiscovering this harmony for yourself is one of the first things you should do so.
Singing sand Khongoryn els– the sound produced by masses of sand moving by wind, blaze brilliant shades of red and orange sunset- hence the name “
Unspoiled wonder. A land where sand dunes sing, horse roam wild and nomadic herders greet strangers with open doors.
Tour Lenght: 7 days G-2
Day 1. Drive to Baga Gazriin chuluu/ Land of hiking
Day 2. Drive to Bayanzag, Red Flaming Cliff +bonus Dramatic Sunset
Day 3. Drive to Khongor Sand dune- Where the best camel riding experience
Day 4. Drive to Yol Valley –through Muhar Shivertiin am
Day 5. Drive to Tsagaan
Day 6. Terelj National Park - Horseback riding, green fields
Day 7. Drive back to Ulaanbaatar
- Driver and tour assistant: Reliable and professional driver and English-speaking local tour guide who also cooks will assist you to make your adventure tour around Mongolia in reality.
- Accommodation: You usually stay in extra ger which is prepared by nomads, sometimes at ( selected days) tourist ger camp.
- Food: You will have
a lunchas original Mongolian food in the finest local restaurants on the way and the breakfast and dinner iscooked by the tour guide. Vegeteriasare welcome. Drinks provide 1.5 literof mineral water per day.
- Fees: National Park and museum fees are included in the price of the tour.
- Activities: You are able to ride a horse or camel and local guide will be your assistant for how to ride a horse or camel safety.
- Vehicle type: Japanese jeep, Russian or Korean minivans, gasoline inclusive.
- Total Km of Covered: 1050miles /1680km ( per day 5-7hrs)
Tour Itinerary DownloadSee more details
BEFORE YOU GO
Below are the answers to some of the questions we get asked the most often, please have a look if your questions is already there, if not feel free to email us to [email protected]; [email protected]
1. When is the best time to come to Mongolia?
May to September is the best season, with the high season in July for the Naadam Festival. August and September are also suitable months of the year, our climate is such that you will still have many sunny days at this time.
2. Is Mongolia a safe destination?
Mongolia has one of the lowest crime rates in the world and people are known for their nomadic hospitality and kindness and they will make you feel very welcome. But when you are in the street of Ulaanbaatar city, you have to watch your bag and wallet unless there are many pickpockets around.
3. What should I bring with me?
Warm and thin layers of clothing, waterproof jacket, good walking boots, sandals and a hat and/or headscarf to protect you from the sun and winds. Don’t forget insect repellent, sun cream, lip-gloss and first aid kit (medicine for headache, cold, diarrhea, runny nose; bandages; any medicine prescribed for you ) and camera equipment.